Monday, April 21, 2014

A Town Full Of Crystal Meth Addicts

I am from a small town in the state of Massachusetts and it's shocking how many people in this area are using crystal meth.  I am not totally naive to drugs, but before I moved here I had never heard of crystal meth nor had I seen the effects it can have on a person.  However, living in this town and seeing all these things has made me re-evaluate my perspective of drug addiction entirely.

The side of town where I reside has only a few users dotted around the place - some here and there; but if you take a short drive across the city you'll find yourself surrounded by addicts.  It's not unusual to come across users begging for money while picking at the scabs they have on their faces and arms.  I had no idea what the cause of those scabs were at first, but now I know all too well.

It's really unbelievable, and I'm talking mind-blowing unbelievable, that you can transform from a healthy individual to undernourished and riddled with scabs in only a couple of months.  With the majority of drugs this transformation would take years, however on crystal meth the detrimental changes are almost instantaneous.  I remember seeing a picture of one guy who was using for only three months.  He looked horrible and was completely unrecognizable when compared to previous 'pre-drug' pictures.  It's quite a disturbing thought.

The town I live in is a rather small one with few grocery stores; however, the ones we do have are burgled constantly and each time crystal meth users are the culprits.  The reason I know this is because the burglars are generally caught in the act.  It's just evidence that when on this drug you don't have much common sense and aren't able to function properly.

Nowadays I try to remain indoors as much as possible because of the growing amount of crystal meth users that are found in my town.  Right now, all I am doing is saving money and hoping I can move to a new town soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment